Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Author & Book(s) Recommendation by Guest Blogger Gary Dion



When trying to find a new book to read sometimes the best idea is to get the advice of an expert, so that's what I did. Some months back I was in need of a good companion in the form of a book. I tried to read a couple new authors but found I wasn't interested in what they had to say, or in this case, write. Then I stumbled upon an article from Stephen King in which he was listing the top 10 books he had read this past summer and near the top of the list he mentioned the book Too Close To Home by Linwood Barclay. I'm not sure what drew my attention to this particular title and author, it wasn't his number one selection but was close to the top, maybe it was his synopsis of the book, I don't remember but I decided to give the book a read. I found the book and tried reading a few pages, those few pages were good so I read more, those "more" were good too. Before I knew it I couldn't wait to be able to read more, I was hooked. The book turned out to be very good, so once I finished I looked for more of Linwood Barclay's books. I found them and I read them...all.

Now I don
't consider myself an expert on books but I do consider myself an expert on movies and what is a book but simply a movie that you have to read the subtitles as you watch, but you watch through your mind's eye. But despite this lack of expertise I feel I should resoundingly recommend giving Linwood Barclay a try especially if you enjoy a well written thriller. Here are a couple to get you started: Too Close To Home, Fear The Worst, Never Look Away. Any one of these should do the job of keeping you deeply entertained.


--Gary Dion


Like Gary's recommendation? Check out his Guest Blogger Introduction which includes his contact information HERE

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen anyone do this :) This is awesome, Author and book recommendations by a guest blogger! I love it!


    I came by to tell that I tagged you in a book tag!
    http://synchronizedreading.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia, Reading your blog is the closes to reading any good books I'm going to get til summer break! Except the bad ones college makes us read! I'm following you so you can keep me informed! Long distance romances are hard! A year is a long time! It took me four years to say yes to marriage! It's my second marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalie! Well I am glad I can help! That one of the biggest reasons why I started this blog-- not only to brush up on my writing skills, but to introduce new books & movies to others, especially hidden gems!

      I definitely will be stopping by your blog from time to time. I can learn a lot from a pro like you :)

      Your new blogger buddy,

      Mia

      Delete