Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Release Spotlight: Survive by Alex Morel

Hello, Muses!

My review of Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry was supposed to have gone live yesterday, but I had a severe case of procrastination. So instead of posting nothing at all, I decided to dedicate today's post to a new book called Survive by debut author Alex Morel. The release date of his novel is today! Although I haven't had the chance to read Survive yet nor have I had the opportunity to talk with Morel, I did notice he lives in the same state I live in, New Jersey!

Check out the synopsis and book trailer for Survive below!



Synopsis: Hatchet meets Lost in this modern-day adventure tale of one girl's reawakening
Jane is on a plane on her way home to Montclair, New Jersey, from a mental hospital. She is about to kill herself. Just before she can swallow a lethal dose of pills, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black. Jane wakes up amidst piles of wreckage and charred bodies on a snowy mountaintop. There is only one other survivor: a boy named Paul, who inspires Jane to want to fight for her life for the first time.
Jane and Paul scale icy slopes and huddle together for warmth at night, forging an intense emotional bond. But the wilderness is a vast and lethal force, and only one of them will survive.  
 
 
Book Trailer
 
 
 
So what do you think? Will you be adding Survive to your TBR pile?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED reading Hatchet when I was in school, and Lost was my favorite TV show at one point. So I think it's safe to assume that I would love this book! Thanks for sharing, haven't heard of it before but I'm putting it down on my "must read" list.

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment :) I am an avid book worm as well that never has time to sit down with a good read. I have a couple of book's I've started but have never finished!

    ReplyDelete